Mommy


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving was last week!!!

Mmmhmm...this post has been sitting in my drafts for um...a week now!! So without further adieu...

With a partially failed Thanksgiving meal, A husband(after three plates of food) and a kid past out on the floor, and a dad and brothers who left to catch a game, I found my self...well..all by myself!

I have always been concerned for the people out in the cold at 2-3 in the morning...swamping the stores at un-godly hours for a "deal"!!! My bed only allows me to leave it that early should a kid or red eye to Jamaica come calling. But in my loneliness and soon to be boredom ...I thought what the hell! If you can't beat 'em join 'em! ..and it was only 8:30..let's be real..I'm still not getting out of bed that early.

 So...I grabbed my purse and headed to Toy's R Us! Where "Door Buster Deals" were the word on the street. The line wasn't awful, I waited maybe 20 min. They were letting small groups of people in at a time. I was impressed by the order and precision..they had their shit together! Inside people were clearing shelves left and right..6-10 of one item in their carts! One woman was screaming out to her friend(they hunt in packs) "This is 4.99 you want this...this is 6.99 you want this, Look at this, how many?"Like a freakin' Howler Monkey! Me..interested in their primal war cry, went to check out what all the hoop-la was about. And..um..?! I mean really?!..about a cheap ass plastic piece of shit, ass, $5.99, broke in 2 days piece of sh**?! REALLY?!  ...and suddenly like becoming aware of ants all around you, I was swirling in a sea of bullshit plastic 9.99, soon to be busted "Door Buster Deals"! Seriously?! This is what people are lined up for?! I can't!  I had seen enough...I literally had 3 things in my bag...I put the bag down and left!!

So in this next paragraph, I had typed up the rest of my evening...the lines, the people, "The Incident" but I thought...who has time to read all this! I mean...I don't! So I'll tell you this and we'll move on...In line at Old Navy people started gathering across the street from the front door as Midnight approached...and while all of us in line had been waiting ever so patiently, these bitches really thought they were gonna rush the door! ..and guess what?.. they did!! Like a Mob...he unlocked that door and it was pure chaos...I got slammed into the theft sensor...got my feet stepped on, almost lost an arm!!! It was ridiculous..I'm talkin' about Adults!! Come on my people... Come on!!

We spent Friday in The City...I love that City!...Occupy and all!

Overall, our Thanksgiving weekend was quiet, food was good, great company, good laughs and we all got some winter time essentials..not to shabby!



We haven't been taking pictures all that much..but here are a few from over the weekend...


The Deer was Coming!







No comments:

Post a Comment