Mommy


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Neglect and other things...

I have neglected my blog, it's true. I have been through the peaks and valleys of sleep training and parenting two children. We have had victories and slight set backs, and I should have been putting it all down, but I think about thinking and typing and I lay down on the couch from exhaustion.

It rained for two weeks during the bulk of our sleep training. In some respects it was nice to be able to focus on B's sleeping without having plans, but on the other hand, day in day out lack of sleep and these four walls were closing in and I found myself in a slight funk. I didn't realize I was in a funk until last Monday rolled around and we had a park playdate. The warm sun on my skin and the breeze through my hair made me catch my breath...and that breath revived me. I couldn't get enough, We went out everyday last week. And on Thursday, the most beautiful of all the days, we went to Alameda Beach.

You should have been there, It was everything I could have asked for in a impromptu weekday beach trip with my girls. We woke up early, rested, and happy. I sent out a mass texts, We're going to the beach! Although we didn't have any takers, I wasn't gonna let that hold us back, I was gonna man this alone, dammit! It was a heated and slightly(slightly) breezy 77 degrees, I had all the windows down and listened to my Reggae station on Pandora, the girls slept the whole ride. I cherish those quiet moments when I'm taking pictures with my senses. I took more pictures when we got to the beach, watching Avery dig in the sand, Berkely looking out in the distance transfixed with birds and people and the sun/breeze combo on her face. I smelled the bay, felt the breeze, the sand between my toes, and heard the tide moving gently up and down along the beach. I took one single  picture with my phone, but the
memories of the day will stay with me, hopefully forever.  




I finally FINALLY took 'one' picture of my mommy street style. On the way out the door...Rick yelling at me( Com'on Babe, really? can't we ever just get out the door?!) Yes!! but no.. you gotta take this picture, just really quick babe pleeeeeeaaaaassseeeeeeeeee 



So I need to take pictures of what I have in my closet and how I'm remixing my wardrobe to run, climb, squat, nurse, kneel, and everything in between as I travel and play with my girls!

Stay tuned...

P.s
Our sleep training has been successful...B now goes down at 7:30 without a fight, in her own bed and then sleeps(usually without a peep) until 11:30! She wakes, we lay her back down and she sleeps until 1:30-2:30, nurses and goes back to sleep until 4/4:30-5:30 everyday is different but hey! she's sleeping and even if it doesn't feel like it, so am I.

1 comment:

  1. Way to make me jealous. Wish I was there to go with you to the beach. That is a fun place to go. Miss that California sun big time!!!! I am so in the same boat with the sleeping thing with Ben. That little stinker sleeps good one night and horrible the next. Its so not fun and Its so hard. Hopefully we'll both be getting some good quality sleep soon!! Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete