Mommy


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No More Wire Hangers!

"The Purge" of my closet...was in so many words, overdue, mind cleansing, and reassuring. I put away the maternity clothes, I stripped away the bedraggled, and what I revealed was the wardrobe of a stylish girl ready to be resuscitated.


The Wardrobe Consultants
What used to take a day, was stretched out over the weekend. Here was my Process:

Step 1: Remove, sift, and sort into categories i.e Pants, tops etc.
Step 2: NO MORE WIRE HANGERS(or plastic for that matter)
Step 3: How long has it been since you wore it? Right! Let it Go!!
Step 4: Assess, repeat step 2! You know you need to let it GO!
Step 5: Color Code
Step 6: Move it back in Baby!
            **I sort to hang in this order: tanks, tops,shorts,skirts,pants,dresses.




If my mom and my husband (you should see their closets, can we say anal, both capricorns) have taught me anything, it's wire and plastic hangers are murder to your closet! Que Joan Crawford with the night mask shaking that murderous wire hanger! Wood hangers are inexpensive and they give a polished "boutique" look to your closet. There's nothing like shopping in your own closet and being happy with the ensemble.


Working through the Madness
Starting to take shape
















My Arm Candy































                                                                                                     

                                                                     


Once I got everything back in, my retail gene went into overload and I started finger spacing the hangers... scary!







So here we are! ORGANIZED! I'm sure you are checking out the top! I'll explain...I have an obsession with lounge clothes, no matter how many times I go through them I end up with a drawer and a stack. I'll be getting baskets to organize that..it's a "to be continued" section!






I also moved my shoes, giving my whites and grey section more room..you don't realize how much of one color you have until you organize it!  Now that I can see what I've got, let the fun begin! This weekend I'm going to H&M with my gift card(thank you KL) and the following week is my Birthday so hopefully I can find those key items to round out my wardrobe and the remixing is on!


...stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that about plastic hangers! I always knew about WIRE HANGERS (thanks, joan crawford from mommy dearest), but really on the plastic..? hmmm... i might need to go through my closet, too!

    ReplyDelete