Mommy


Monday, February 7, 2011

I look forward to the weekends

Even though I am a stay at home mom, Saturday still feels like Saturday! Saturdays I'm in weekend mode, I sleep a little later, I contemplate my outfit(for pictures of course), we discuss what weekend adventure we should embark on, and I relinquish half of my daily duties. Saturdays we have Averys dance class; always entertaining, sometimes frustrating, and so cute. Usually on Sundays we stay closer to home; park, going to lunch, or taking a "Sunday Stroll" around Lake Elizabeth. This weekend, the weather was AMAZING! I just cannot get enough.. I'm sure I sounded ridiculous, I'm in the car like Ugh, Oh!, I mean Ugh..just amazing.. Roll ALL the windows down!! It was like a high...I have waited for so long to breath in that crisp sweet California weather and now that I have it, I still feel like I'm dreaming. We have been staying close to home as of late, but this weekend we had Saturday and Sunday plans with friends, which is always nice. We had a going away party(playdate) on Saturday afternoon and a small Super Bowl party on Sunday. We laughed, talked, ate well, and when the evening came on Sunday, neither one of us was bitching about Monday. That's when you know your happy, when Monday means that Friday will be here in four short days and we can have another adventure. I felt cute all weekend, which has been a long time coming. Reorganizing my closet has helped me get in there and decide quickly if there is to be any effort made that day. Because lets be real...I still have days where jeans, sweatshirt and a scarf in my hair are all the effort that I'm making.

No comments:

Post a Comment