Mommy


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I wonder what I'll look like when I'm...




I used to have long talks with my mom and ask, I wonder what I'll look like when I'm...I wonder what car I'll drive, I wonder where I'll live, what kind of job I'll have?. It all seemed like a lifetime away. My Birthday was yesterday... 28... weird. Here I am... now I know what it looks like, what I drive, where I live.. and I never saw any of it coming. I always get moody on my Birthday, it doesn't last all day and it happens every year. I wonder if it's like when babies are going through a developmental period and they get fussy... I get a little fussy. I feel like 27 was my year of reflection, and it didn't hit me until a couple months ago, I started reflecting about who I am, who I was, who I'm going to be and how that influences my children. I don't necessarily love the person I was, I'm content with the person I am, and hope to grow into a person that my children will understand, respect, love and immulate. Birthdays looks a lot different when you've got babies and toddlers running around; between breastfeeding and toy cleaning negotiating, snack making, broken naps, and Angelina Ballerina, I got 1 hr 1/2 of alone time to go to the DMV. I used that time to really feel that special birthday energy; I took an extra beat to pick out something cute and do a little extra when it came to make-up, in the car I played my Reggae station on Pandora a little louder, I sang and danced, and I stopped by to get a slurpee for my DMV wait. I walked into DMV feeling good, lookin good, and ready to pass my written. Only to hit a brick wall when the DMV Czar shut it down, by telling me I had to take my drink outside... Can I get my number first, I asked? NO! Really asshole?!.. Can't you see I'm walking on Sunshine, Can't you see how this slurpee makes me happy, and that It's my Birthday and you are about to make me cry at my party?! Ooh! you don't give a shit...right! You're just a rent-a-cop, gettin $12.75/hr. and its all the power you have, so okay...slurpee goes in the car! I barely passed the written(to my own surprise), but I am now a re-licensed CA driver. Ye- Haw! By 5:30 everybody was fussy and I had the overwhelming feeling that my joint Birthday Sushi Dinner was going to be a disaster. When my bff saw me she knew immediately, this was not my definition of "Happy Birthday". I have learned and still learning to let go, breathe, and ride. So when we arrived at Sushi; I breathed, let go, and enjoyed whatever ride I was about to embark on. And guess what?! After a brief visit outside with daddy, and some baby"hot potato" play, dinner was fun! We laughed, took pictures, stuffed ourselves, said goodbye to some new friends who are relocating and enjoyed each others company. Happy Birthday to all my Aquarian Friends...Aquarians Unite ; )

1 comment: