Mommy


Friday, January 28, 2011

What Happened?!

I used to be known as a "Fashion God" in High School, I aptly went straight to L.A attending F.I.D.M for my degree in Product Development and Marketing. I have worked in retail and beauty since my first W-2, I love to sell clothes, skin care, lifestlye... it's what I know, it's what I DO! My closet used to get "shopped" in by friends, I used to love to get in there and get creative, the better I looked the more I sold, the more I sold, the more money I made, the more money I made, the more I shopped. It was like the food chain of fashion.

Doesn't help that I went from a walk-in closet to this!
I don't have time to dig
 I used to gawked at mothers out and about with their kids who looked less than put together, and I'd think Wow! really?! you couldn't take 5 minutes?! Fast forward to two kids, sleep deprivation, un-ending piles of laundry, and a suffering wardrobe. 
My funds are spent on kids clothes(not complaining...it IS still shopping)diapers, binkies, and small pieces of Nick Jr. memorabilia(everywhere). This fashionista now finds herself in wash and go cotton(that's been washed too many times), jeans if I don't feel fat, but mostly black leggings(which I swore I'd never succumb to) Okay, so I don't wear mom jeans but what happened?! Am I now "That Mom". I took a long hard look at my closet today... it's pitiful. It is filled with mostly black, as I worked in a salon for the past two years and the rest is a hodge podge of maternity, shirts that need to be ironed, t-shirts stretched to an unflattering fit, things I hope to look good in again(within the next 6 mo.), and a broken fashion spirit.

 As of late, I have been devoured by blogs; fashion, baby, DIY, anything and everything. My new girl crush of the moment is Kendi of Kendi Everyday. She is cute, has great personal style and has inspired the Goddess in this Fashionista to wake up. My email isn't "fashionistamommy" for nothing dammit! I mean don't get it twisted, when I need to pull it together, you bet your ass I'm one of the cleanest there! But along the way I got lost and Kendi smacked the shit out of me and then she shook me a little bit and you know what?! This weekend is Step 1: The Purge... I'd call Step 2: The Revival. Step 2 kinda falls right in line with my Birthday, couldn't have worked that better myself(wink wink). I'll be posting my process, my purchases, my inspiration and my everyday "parks and playdates" style; comfortable, chic, and fresh. The things I get rid of are up for grabs before I send it off to GoodWill or Buffalo Exchange. I'll snap pics and details and if you want it email me, I'll send it to you!(just pay for postage) if you wanna swap(Linds) I'm down with that too ; )

This just might be exactly what this Mommy needs to scratch that itch!

No comments:

Post a Comment