Mommy


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Last Night's Dinner

So on Sunday I made a delicious Beef Loin with a 7 spice rub, Fingerling Potatoes(the new "it" potato), and balsamic vinegar sauteed carrots. In the words of Rachael Ray YUM-O! I didn't take pictures of that meal but usually I make a steak salad the next night from the leftovers and I did take pictures of that. This steak salad has become a favorite of my hubbys and last night Avery tore it up! A 3 year old eating salad and liking it... sometimes they do surprise you. After an evening of rubbing and sauté-ing, this follow up meal is quick, easy and surprisingly fulling(add a piece of crostini for a carb fix). We love fresh baby spinach and field greens, but just baby spinach is also fine. I cut up the steak, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and if we had it, some fresh feta or parmigiano reggiano to top it off. I can't have dairy right now because Berkely has a milk protein allergy(I'm nursing), so unfortunately the rest of the family suffers! For salad dressing, I just use olive oil and lemon. It's light, compliments all the flavors of the salad and saves you some calories. I toss that together and serve it up..

No comments:

Post a Comment