Mommy


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stepping It Up

I love to watch the food network, any channel showing food really! Some of my favorite shows are; Giada @ home, Avec Eric, diners, drive-ins and dives, Top Chef, and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. I want to be Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel, galavanting around the world experiencing different cultures and foods, staying at the best places! I can see it now...(((Que dream sequence))) Camera Pans out and there I am in a little Rachel Roy Spring 2011 number at some bistro on the French Rivera. I'm eating the "Peace de resistance" of duck with the best glass of wine the Travel channel would afford. Just as I start to talk about how this place is the locals diamond in the ruff, from the outta nowhere "baby rabbit" hits the side of my head and here I am sitting at the table with my Tilapia with rice pilaf and asparagus...hold the wine. Oh well...A girl can dream can't she?!

Here was last nights dinner...It's no country side bistro dish, but my husband was moaning from across the table! Works for me ; )


4T of Tomato Paste is mixed with 1T Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Garlic(all to taste) and 1/2 chopped onion, I threw in a little crushed red pepper for kick



Spread over your fresh tilapia fillets with thinly sliced green onion











I am totally into blanching my veggies(thank you food network)
I steam my asparagus for 3-4 min and then throw them straight into ice cold water to stop the cooking process and keep that brilliant color!












TaDa!!! Tomato Herb Tilapia with Rice Pilaf and Asparagus!

No comments:

Post a Comment